Friday, December 14, 2007

About 12

About 12 this afternoon, I was speaking with a woman named Carol Brooks. I was actually holding her in my arms and she was sobbing. I had just finished singing with Jennie Larsen for a christmas party at the Senior Center in Payson, Utah. And this dear woman tearfully told me of her story; that she had been an Opera singer 'til she was 19 and then she underwent a surgery that severed her right vocal chord and has not sung a note since. She is now in her 70s. I could not help but cry with her...there are some things in this life that I just do not understand.
"I cannot share it with anyone anymore" she said in her raspy voice...(much crying)..."but I will sing again."
"I will sing with you." I said. She relaxed and after a moment
replied, "I will wait for you."
I marvel at her strength. Thank you, Carol Brooks.
Please do wait for me.
Jeanne

No comments: