Saturday, April 12, 2008

Converging

I feel compelled to write. So many things are or have been and will be converging on one spot at the same time. There is much afoot...and at hand...and ahead!!! Ah-hah-hah-hah!!! I will be graduating from UVSC on the 25th of this month. I believe it will be one of the greatest human experiences of my life. April is always a transformational month for me...cathartic, like a chrysalis. After graduation there will be a party with Teyonda and Breet and all of the crew. It will be epic. Then it is off to Europe for one month and ten days. My sister, Kath, and I will be going to Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, The Netherlands and lastly, England. I have been looking forward to a trip like this for the past 10 years, and to think that I get to go on it now, it constantly brings tears to my eyes I am so astounded and profoundly grateful. When I get home, in July, I will be attending the next CEO Space conference in L.A., that will be at the end of July. My birthday will be somewhere in there, too.
One of the most amazing bits (I don't think that you could really call it a 'bit') is that I am going to be recording my debut album this year. I will be recording the Jazz tracks at Capitol Records studios in August, with Jack Sheldon. Then it will be off to Germany with me!!! I will be there for three and a half months, for most of the fall; recording and living there and working on material. I will be home just in time for Christmas. I have wanted to live in Germany for most of my life so, this is a dream come true for me. So many things are happening...and in such a relatively short period of time. I will be working with an AMAZING producer on my album, he has produced the likes of Celine Dion so I am so excited I actually feel a little crazy sometimes. Am I ready for all of this?
"Well, you are ready now, OBVIOUSLY!" Is what my Mom said yesterday as we were driving to Costco to buy an unholy amount of food. Yesterday night I got to watch "The Painted Veil" with Teyonda and Breet. It was amazing, and so disturbing that I couldn't even cry. Everyone go see it, it will change your life.
I am so grateful to time and for friendship...I don't know why I am waxing so sentimental today...but I am grateful for the friends that stick it out with you...the ones who keep secrets and the ones that look at you from across the dinner table (crowded with friends)with a secret look of a secret kept...after answering an awkward and touchy question perfectly, without revealing a thing. I love that.
It is Spring today. So warm and lovely. And my sister, Kath, just text messaged me from L.A. to tell me that the weather over there is "Keane Gig" weather.
I asked her if she was TRYING to kill me.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

jeanne girl- it's brittany (reynolds)!! i found you! you have been on my mind and i just wanted to say hello. I hope things are going well. let me know how you're doin! ps- i just got a blog set up so if you have a second check it out- it'll show you what i've been up to!! love ya girl and i miss ya! brittany