Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Questions

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, all the way. I am a proud member of the Hallmark Gold Crown Rewards Program. I keep them in business.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, Real, Real. I don't know people can have anything else. They just smell so goooooooooood. :)
3. When do you put up the tree? Two weeks before Christmas, usually.
4. When do you take the tree down? Two weeks after.
5. Do you like eggnog? Oh yes. I love anything that has to do with eggnog. Ice cream...truffles...eggnog custard pie...yum.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? (I really will have to think about that and get back to you on that one...)
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Gramma. She is my only living Grandparent.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Kath.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. People seem to think they need to run off with the baby Jesus, though.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Real, tangible cards in my own handwriting. :) There is something so magical about getting physical cards in the mail. You can keep them forever. :) And that person's soul is forever present...their own handwriting whispers to you...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh dear...I will have to get back to you on that one, too.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I can't pick one. Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, The Polar Express(seeing this film 3D IMAX at the Universal City Walk was the greatest cinematic experience of my life.)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? August. No joke.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Dangit...YES! But I am not telling you whose!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham and cheddar cheese grilled sandwiches. ;) And Dobosh Torte from Swiss Colony...help me please.
16. Lights on the tree? 600 white minis.
17. Favorite Christmas song? This year, "Someday at Christmas" by Stevie Wonder. Last year it was "Do they Know it's Christmas" by Band Aid...2005 was "Believe" by Josh Groban. The Christmas of 2004, when I was in London, was "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" by John Lennon. I usually have one or two songs each Christmas that really stand out to me...I feel that they represent where I am in my life, and my feelings about our world in general.
I could not tell you my favorite Christmas CAROL...they are all so beautiful, and reside in different sacred places in my heart, all of them. If you have time, though...and the inclination, look up the story behind Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's "I heard the bells of Christmas Day." You will never be able to think about it the same. Or read about the unbelievable opposition that came to try to stop Handel's "Messiah" from being performed at it's 1743 London debut in Covent Garden...and about the lead soprano, Suzannah Cibber. It teaches us all about redemption...and that God's music will find a way...it will find a way.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? HOME. :)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Comet, Blitzen, Dancer, Vixen, Prancer, Cupid, Dasher, Donner. And whatever that one reindeer that had that Rhinophyma or something...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning. :) Ahhh...Christmas.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Hard to find time actually ENJOY it. And that I feel so many of us have TOTALLY gone bonkers and have missed the train on what Christmas is all about. SO sad.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Colonial...anything old. I love the red and green. And anything antique. Cream and Gold.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We have EVERYTHING...Turkey, chicken, roast beef AND ham. My "Mashed Potatoes of Death" and Moms's stuffing...oh man...the eggnog...I love it all. Most of all I just love who I get to sit down and eat it with. =)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new alarm clock radio. The one I have right now...the alarm never turns off once it starts...a white one would be nice.

2 comments:

the other Sampsons said...

Oh Jeanne I love you(: How can't I love you after reading all this??? hahahahaha
Girl, ho visto Cathrin in L.A. Adesso sono nello Utah, dopo natale passiamo a salutarvi(:
Bacione
Naomi(:

Jeanne E. Madsen said...

Ma, siiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!
Voglio vedervi! Per la prima volta il tuo uomo! Finalmente!!!!
Buon Natale!!!
<3