Thursday, May 29, 2008

Neapolis

Kath and I went to Napoli (Naples) today and whoa...I am lucky that I am alive. The people there don't stop at lights...they consider them to be more like guidelines rather than rules of traffic. It is the most New York like city that I have been to in Europe, people yelling at each other from widows down to fellow passersby.




We ate at the most famous pizzaria in Napoli, "Pizzaria Michele", they make reportedly the best pizza in Italy, and by extension, the world.

These famous ovens make some amazing pizza...



And we had sfogliatelli, the Italian version of baklava. It is the one place in the world that serves them hot.



We also went to the Museum of Napoli, to see more of the artifacts of Pompei, it was cool.

I saw this statue there and laughed my head off. Ah-hah-hah-hah-hah!!!! "You are SOOOOOOOOOO lame, George."

IMAGES FROM THE NAPOLITANO SUBWAY



Today was surreal. Everything was amazing. Napoli is intense, though...I am glad to be back in safe, beautiful Sorrento.
Jeanne

No comments: