Tuesday, May 26, 2009

145th to Rockafeller


I am at the Public Library of Harlem. It is so cool to be up here, I love these people.
I am now staying with my friend Jen Bishop, she and I had the same agency, back in the day. I wish that I had more energy...I want to make it down to Rockefeller Center today, I have just got to make myself do it.
I believe that it is going to rain tomorrow. It is still hard for me to believe that I am here. I keep having to remind myself that this is really me, existing in New York. I have found that I have changed so much since I lived here 10 years ago. I feel like I have lived my whole life since I left, as if this all never existed. It makes me sad for some reason. Oh! How I did cry yesterday seeing my old place,on 84th and Lexington, and for some strange reason, seeing my old favorite Greek market, Likitsakos, I sobbed...I think I have gone New York Mental...the poor boy cleaning the back deli case I think thought I was going to loose it completely. Last night, I went up to the roof of the 85th and Broadway apartment (that I have been staying in for three days and left just this morning)...and I just looked up at the stars...forever it seemed. The big dipper was so clear that I could even see Alcor. I don't remember being able to see the stars like that when I lived here. Also, from the girl's rooftop you could see the skyline...it was overwhelming. I have been able to do very well in regards to having enough energy to walk to the places that I want to see. I feel so lucky in that way.
I will get to see Keane tomorrow at Radio City Music Hall. That is my dream venue to headline one day. I so very much hope that it happens.
Well, back out to Harlem, and then to Rockefeller, I just GOTTA see it today!
With love from New York,
Jeanne

ON THE WAY DOWN





Ah...to perform here one day.

The guards here still treat me like gold. I don't know why, but they always have. I love Tiffanys.

In truth, this is my dream venue. I like this photo because it looks like it was taken in the 30's.

1 comment:

emily said...

oh my goodness, i'm so happy for you that you're in new york. it is such a wonderful place. and i'm excited to get to see keane, i know that you love them!! how much longer are you there? i'm am super excited for you.