Monday, May 25, 2009

Lexington-Little Italy-SOHO

I went to see my old apartment today, on Lexington and 84th. And, went to my favorite market up there, Likitsakos.

My poor roommate, Veronica, sang (endured) many torturous duets with me at this little restaurant kiddy-corner from our apt. We would sing "That's Amore." Bless her heart for singing with me on the choruses. Hey, we got free food out of it, right? Man...those were some good times. I will never forget it. This is also where I met my dear, dear friend, Laura Esposito.

My old apartment building. Not much has changed. Not much has changed at all.

Don't ask me why...but of the whole of the New York trip, this is the placed that tipped the scales of my heart the most. I bawled my eyes out as I walked in. After a moderate amount of calm down, I noticed a little girl there named Isabella, shopping with her Mom. She was exquisitely beautiful and I told her so. We left the market at the same time, and little Isabella gave me about six high fives as we walked side by side for two blocks. I love things like that.

LIKITSAKOS
1174 Lexington Ave,
New York, NY 10028
(212) 535-4300


I saw this walking down Lexington...about 64th St. I laughed for a good three blocks after. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!



LITTLE ITALY

IL CORTILE
125 Mulberry St # A
New York, NY 10013
(212) 226-6060

My FAVORITE restaurant in Little Italy. And that...is saying something. This is where the Mafia eats. You think I'm kidding...I'm not.

Evil, on so many levels, I know. I didn't eat AAAALLLLLLLLLLL of it!

The reason for the restaurant's name; "The Courtyard." I sang "O Sole Mio" for everyone, it was just like old times. I love being here...I love being here so much.



I am now sitting in an internet cafe in SOHO. Boy was I lucky to find one. Oooo, SOHO. It is almost painful being back down in this area. The cobblestone streets whisper to you...

DEAN and DELUCA
560 Broadway, New York,
NY 10012
at Prince St.
(212)-226-6800

Dean and Deluca. meh-hoo-meh-hoo-meh. If you have been here...you know what I mean.


Somewhere in SOHO.

I got my picture taken by a man named Primativo, on the corner of Spring St. and Green St.. I am so glad that I did; especially in this shirt. If you look very closely, you can see the one of the "doves" is actually a grenade. The name of the shirt is "War and Peace, can you tell the difference?"

Sunset in the East Village.

Union Square.

From the roof of the apartment that I am staying at.

No comments: