Friday, May 22, 2009

The Flight to NYC and My First Days in New Jersey

The country side just out side of New York City. So beautiful.

Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges. And at the very top, the Williamsburg Bridge.

You can see The Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden (which is round), and if you know where to look, The Chrysler Building. And I just noticed...you can also see the Secretariat of the United Nations, too, by the East River.

Ahhh...Central Park. I actually spent more time in there than any where else when I lived here.

The New Yankee Stadium. It was so cool, there was a game going and we could watch it on the big screen for about 20 seconds as we flew above...so cool.


Hello all it is Jeanne. I have been in New Jersey for three days now and it has been heaven to be with one of my best friends on the whole planet earth, Cynthia Geraldo. This is the first time that I have seen some of these places for over a decade, so, it is a little haunting...memories come back to you and grab you by the heel..."have you learned your lesson yet, Jeanne?" they ask. It was so interesting, coming in on the bus from Port Authority Bus Station in New York to New Jersey, lumbering along as the bus ran the course of the JFK route, that very long street looks right across to the NY skyline; I was dazzled by that sight like a little kid and kept looking and looking. What was interesting though was that the somewhat jaded passengers who look at this spectacular sight every day on their ride home from a long shift at work, when they saw me looking at it with such wonder and glee...they looked at over at it too, some of them even smiled. That made me happy.


*IN JERSEY*


My beautiful, beautiful Cynthia Geraldo.

Cynthia's Mom. I love this woman...she always calls me "La Muñeca" or, "The Doll", for some reason, it always makes me cry.

Cynthia took me to this unreal Greek restaurant in Tenafly called Axia. Yikes, it was good. I love this girl...I love this girl. I recognized her when I first met her.


AXIA
18 Piermont Rd
Tenafly, NJ 07670
(201) 569-5999


The next morning, Cynthia took me to the town where I used to live, Englewood. It's where I was when I was studying opera and recovering from the whole modeling thing in New York. I was here for about five months. Below is the apartment where I resided with a woman named Hattie.

ROMAN INN
19 W Hudson Ave
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201) 567-2654

This was my favorite place to eat.

Steve Goetz and his work of art. I love the smile on his face. Their subs are so good that when you bite into them...a little tear rolls down your cheek...

*lip quivering*


I head for New York City now, and I will meet my Mom and Aunt and Gramma at our hotel in Times Square and we will go see Wicked tonight. I can't wait to go back to Manhattan. It's been so long that...yeah. I love it out here...I forget how much. Cynthia and I snaked along the darkened Jersey streets last night (headed to go see the new Star Trek, good movie!) being guided by her GPS System and the voice of "Dr. Nightmare"..."In 900 feet, turn right, to arrive at your DREADFUL DESTINATION!! MOOO-AH-AH-AH-AHHHHHH!!!!" I was laughing so hard I cried. I will be uploading pictures as I can.
It's so surreal being back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl it sounds like you had an amazing time there. I am so glad, and it seems like you needed it so much! Loves