Monday, May 25, 2009

New York, Day One

On the bus back to NY. I love going along JFK Drive. What a view these people have every day...and every night.


Wow, today has been amazing, I bussed in from NJ to NY and met my Mom and Aunt and Gramma at our hotel room at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square. I have never stayed there before, it was so cool to be that close to the hub. Before the show, we went to a little restaurant called...

Pure Food and Wine
54 Irving Pl
New York, NY 10003
(212) 477-1010

How can I extol the virtues of this restaurant? The Raw Wonder of New York City? That sounds good. The food was so scrumptious we almost passed out. And there were these delicate flowering trees that kept dropping little white flowers on the tables. It was like a fantasy.

For some reason, the head chef, Neal Hardin, took a liking to us and favored our table with an "Amuse Bouche" of a truffle mushroom on a bed of cashew cream and an almond biscuit. Yeah. Now, I know you may look at this with a hooded eye, but it was so good that we were rendered speechless and just kind of stared off into space for a couple of minutes afterward.

Um...yum. They even let us take a tour of the kitchen. (MAN that is a good shot of my camera case.)

After din-din we went to go see the musical Wicked. Elphaba and Gah-linda were so good it almost went into the realm of being funny.

No comments: