Thursday, June 26, 2008

Amsterdang






Being in Amsterdam is honestly as strange to me as being on the Moon. I walked off of the train and felt a wave of fear come over me. I have NEVER felt as much in a foreign country as I have here. I am getting a little better now, I guess that you do get used to things. Kath and I walked around last night and just took in how gorgeous it is here. They light up the bridges of the canals, they are so gorgeous.
Kath and I went to The Hague today. It was really cool to see the International Court of Justice. And we went to the Mauritshuis Museum to see Vermeer's most famous work, "Girl With a Pearl Earring" and other works of Rembrandt that blew me away.
I still feel like I am on the moon.
Love, Jeanne

Our room at The Vondelpark Hostel in Amsterdam.



I absolutely love this

This is where they stayed, this is where they were found...




What I cannot believe, is that no one ever talks about this place. No one ever talks about Amsterdam. It has more canals than even Venice. It is GORGEOUS here. Yes...it is crazy, too. Many drugs are legal here and prostitution is a legal profession here as well...with it's own pension plan, health benefits and everything. It is disturbing to think about.


Awesome.

Even more awesome.

1 comment:

engemann said...

Someone there told me drugs are illegal just extremely tollerated. Who knows? It's a crazy place but there is a strange peace about the city. It seems safe in a very sick way.