Monday, June 9, 2008

Back in Florence


Oh my goodness, I love this city. We spent the day in Modena and Kath showed me her city...her favorite place of her mission. It was cool.
(We are doing laundry now.)

There was a HUGE thunder storm when we pulled up to the train station. It was crazy. Ah...but I love the rain.


I think that Florence is the most romantic city that I have ever been to. And by that I mean, that people are not afraid to be romantic here, to show affection to each other here. It is one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen. Ever.
(Can you see the lovers kissing? These two were straight out of a movie.)

I am so tired that I am feeling a little insane. I am glad to be in one place for a little bit. Our pensione room is wonderful and we have a full view of the famous Duomo from our window, it is like "Room With a View." I am glad to be back here,
it is so beautiful here. I love the rain, and how wonderful it makes everything. This picture was taken from our hotel window. I know, poor us.

The thing about Florence, is there is almost a sacred feeling being here. Like God is everywhere in every brick in every stone. Perhaps it is because the Renaissance was here. And it is where God was, He was the...well, He put in into the people here. And the feeling still exists. Oh! How I love it here!
This was later, when the storm broke and the sun came out. *sigh* I need to live here.



It was quite a balancing act...trying to do all of the things that we wanted to do.

The history that is here is mindblowing. You just can't take it all in.
I want to live here for three months if I can.
Here is Dante. I love this man. He is my peeps.

1 comment:

marianne said...

Merci!Pour les mots que tu as écrit sur ma cuisine.
Merci!de m'avoir dédier ces merveilleux jours et surtout ton temps.
Merci! de m'avoir supportée en Amérique.
Merci! d'avoir passé cette semaine dans ma petite maison.
Merci! de ton sourire et de ton humour.
Merci! D'etre cette personne si merveilleuse que j'ai pu apprécier et apprendre à aimer.
merci! pour m'avoir fait l'honneur de chanter avec kathryn pour moi en français.
Merci! tout simplement pour etre ce que tu es spéciale à mes yeux mais je crois aussi aux yeux de toutes les personnes qui ont eut la possibilité de te connaitre personnellement.
Bon voyage ! à très tot. Marianne