Friday, June 27, 2008

Goodbye Amsterdam

We are about to get on the bus to get to the air port to go back to London. I really feel like I am going home, I even referred to it as home yesterday when someone asked me about it. Of all the places that I've been in this world, it is still England that feels like home to me.
The clouds outside are so big and puffy and white...and the sky is approaching a painful-to-look-at blue. Ah Amsterdam. I truly do not know if I will ever come here again. On the way to the bus, I am going to get a Hard Rock Cafe "Amsterdam" tee shirt. I guess we are lucky, we have been here for three days and have had beautiful sunshine the whole time, and I have heard that Amsterdam has a higher amount of rainfall per annum than even London, England. That is a lot of rain. So yes, we have been lucky. Even though I don't mind the rain at all. Of a truth, I love it, I love rain. I am just waiting here for Kathryn. She went to the Anne Frank Museum and the Rembrandt Huis. I wanted to see those Museums, too, but I wanted to be able to spend as much time in the van Gogh Museum as possible. I think I spent almost four hours in there.
Ah Amsterdam.
Goodbye.
I am going back home.

The flight from Amsterdam to London.

Heathrow Airport Security almost took my camera away for taking this shot so you'd better enjoy it!

No comments: