Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Cinque Terre

K, everyone needs to go to the Cinque Terre. How can you describe them? They are five little villages that are built right into the cliffs of the sea.

Their names are:
Riomaggore







Manorola





Corniglia
We did not do the hike to see Corniglia, but it is gorgeous, too. It is on the top of a high cliff. My Mom loves that one.


Vernazza











Monterosso








The water is that sparkly turquoise color...and green. Vernazza was my favorite. We got to climb up in the little castle and everything. There were cats everywhere. I ate the best pear I have ever had in my life.

LA SPEZIA

We got to stay the night in La Spezia, Kath's mission city. It was so cool to see that the Sister Missionaries were staying in the exact same apartment.

The farinata there made me want to die. It is a fried pastry made out of garbanzo bean flour. Kath and I dubbed it "fried yum-yum."

La Spezia at night.


The Town Square of La Spezia, right on the edge of the sea. Kath is so lucky that she got to serve here.

Awesome.

No comments: