Thursday, June 19, 2008

Arles

We just got in to Arles, the place where Vincent van Gogh spent the last part of his life. Being in France is different than I thought it was going to be, it is drier than I thought, but we ARE still in the south of France, maybe it will be greener when we get up north. We are going to see some of the van Gogh sites tonight, and try to find some REAL French food. Bon soir.













*Later*
Arles is truly one of the most beautiful towns I have ever been to in my life. I have never experienced such surrealism being in a place, it is like walking around in a living fireworks show at night...like an eternal evening of the 4th of July. That feeling. It is like the Impressionist movement is still alive here, and I could hear it whispering to me.

I could not resist this shot. ;)

3 comments:

Nathan and Emily said...

If you get a chance to experiance Coq A Va dive in! You won't regret it!

marianne said...

Non, ne prends pas le cocq au vin . Il est fait avec le vin et meme si c'est un vrai péché de ne pas le gouter, nous ne pouvons pas le faire. Arles est très jolie . Saluts. Marianne

Carolina Araya said...

I went to Arles some years ago. It was really magic to me been where Vincent painted the most important part of her work. Enjoy it!