Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pisa

I have to say, Pisa has the most "Seattle" vibe of any city that I have been in in Italy. Everyone is grunged out and almost hippi-ish. Very cool.
(Kath was in a hurry to go somewhere.)

We ate at a restaurant that reminded me of "OneWorld" cafe in Salt Lake. Pisa is a University town so it is bustling. I loved it.
(I love this picture of Kath, for some reason.)



Here it is, the one and only Leaning Tower of Pisa. It is actually a lot smaller than it looks.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I climbed the leaning Tower of Pisa. For those of you who know about my vertigo...it was hard, and I was scared to death...thinking of course that the day, yea, the very moment, that I climbed the tower would be the moment that it met it's tragic end. I pitied the people that would be up there with me. But I am writing this email, so all is well. It was a GORGEOUS day, and it was one of the neatest experiences ever, to know that I, little Jeanne Madsen, was standing on top of the actual leaning Tower of Pisa.




Right after we got done climbing the tower. I was scared to death.

No comments: