Friday, June 27, 2008

Hail to all of us...the shadow of the Hague

At the Vondelpark Hostel in Amsterdam, they are playing a song..."Hail to all of us...hail to all of us down here." And my mind is taken back to The Hague. Where the crimes of the world are taken to be tried. Ah...to be a citizen of the world...through all the ages of this world. Why can there not be more peace? Oh that we can find a way.

The International Court of Justice at the Hague. It is truly an imposing place.

This is the extension to the International Court of Justice that was built not too long ago. I got to go inside.

Protesting torture in China...

...in the shadow of the Hague.

The Mauritshuis Museum in The Hague. I got to see this painting. They had one other Vermeer there as well. Unbelievable.

The lake behind the Mauritshuis.



Kath and I stopped at this sandwich and smoothie shop just outside the International Court of Justice. It was very, very good.

I finally understand Professor Frankenhuijsen going on about too many people having cars in America; everyone in The Netherlands rides a bike. Period.

The clock in front of the Hague Train Station.

1 comment:

engemann said...

I love how everyone rides bikes. They have bike paths everywhere. I actually would like to ride my bike more often. I don't know where I would put my babies though :).