Sunday, June 15, 2008

Swiss Humble Pie

I am acutely aware of my shortcomings today. The Swiss rain is drizzling outside...and I am feeling very humbled. Very. In truth, my Italian is not as good as I thought it was. And I find myself unable to speak in situations where I wish most dearly that I could. My brain is also starting to forget things...I am messing up on song lyrics that were never a problem before. It is very humbling, very.
Switzerland is so beautiful, that it is almost impossible to take it seriously. Like a man that is so beautiful, that you would never be able to take him seriously...or feel like you could ever be yourself in the presence of one so lovely. It is like living in one of the books of my childhood, being here. The air is so fresh here, that all you want to do is go outside and breathe. No wonder that people who are from here look as they do, this is the most health conducive place I have ever beheld.



We went to see Leonardo Da Vinci's "Last Supper", in Milano yesterday, with an old friend of mine, Massimo Nardotto. It was wonderful to see it. And Milano is amazing, the Duomo of Milano is unlike anything that I have ever seen.

2 comments:

Ilaria said...

Oh, I am so jealous and wish I were there too!!! I could smell the Swiss air as I was reading your post. Isn't it beautiful when it rains, there? Good thing I am only weeks away from being in the very spot you were this week-end... ;) I'm glad you got to see my home; my Switzerland. Love you!

Ilaria :)

Naomi Alice said...

Oh wow, what a nice description of my hometown. It is the most beautiful place, very true. And one of the first things you notace if you pay attention, is that fresh air that brings lots of interesting smell so intense and incredible. I think one of the things I miss the most when I'm not there is that air(:
So glad you got to visit my hometown Jeanny, finally!!!!! I only wish I could have been there for this great occasion(:
Love you Naomi(: