Thursday, June 19, 2008

Captive in Marseille

Being here was not comforting. The fact that as I was trying to speak French to people there so that I could find us a hostel, that people looked like they wanted to eat me as a tasty morsel with their fries...yeah, and as I was walking up one of the sets of stairs of one of the buildings to talk to the owner, I saw that he was hiding from someone. He was hiding in the bathroom. I left. Very fast. One very funny thing is that as I was walking around the city I kept seeing that everyone was eating french fries, and I thought "Dang America!!! We are creeping into everyone's country, no one has their own culture any more! It is all being destroyed! Stupid french fries!!! French fries. French fries...French...fries...French...France...french fries are French...oh yeah, I'm in France." AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA!!!! I felt so lame!!!!
There was also a fire. And a strike. We were looking for some type of little effigy, but we didn't see one. We went to Aix-en-Provence the next day. THAT was cool. We met a cool girl named Clementine. She was born in Orange.

The fire.

Police Headquarters of Marseille.


Aix-en-Provence the next day

No comments: