Monday, June 30, 2008

Knightsbridge and Hyding in the Park




St. James Park.

Today, I got up and put on my brightest fuchsia lipstick ("Impassioned" by MAC) and went and sang in the Knightsbridge Underground Station. I sang my guts out til one of the guards came over and said "Lovely as your voice is Miss, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to stop, you have to have a pass for this sort of thing. And them other blokes would kill me if I let ya keep singin'." So, I stopped, but I did get through a rousing version of "Nella Fantasia" first. I think I made about 80p.
A little dejected, I went into Harrod's to get a sandwich, and some chocolate. On the way out, one of the men in the long, green coats opened my door for me. I then went on to Hyde Park. It was a gorgeous day today and so everyone was out laying in the grass and playing soccer. There was one group of girls stretched out on the grass, legs lily white, and they were just giggling at the gorgeous, shirtless soccer players. I have to give it to them, they WERE gorgeous. I continued on to see the huge stage in the middle of the park that they had just had the tribute to Nelson Mandela on. Josh Groban had performed for it. Dare I say that I felt a little pang of jealousy...
I sat down and looked at the outdoor arena and ate my sandwich...then I decided that I wanted to find Abbey Road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeanne you have THE most amazing life. I miss you! And think about you all the time. How was Europe? (Btw this is Sara Slagle Susov)